Monday, October 4, 2010

Get-It-Done Guy's 9 Steps to Work Less and Do More...


Who wrote it?
Stever Robbins…


Who’s he?
He’s the Get It Done Guy

Who’s the Get It Done Guy?
Besides a man with many tips, he is a successful entrepreneur, Harvard MBA and MIT graduate…

What’s he done in the past?
Stever is a veteran of nine startups and he also authored ‘It takes a Lot More than Attitude’

What does this mean?
He likes developing things…

Stever Robbins
What’s he doing today?
He is CEO of Stever Robbins Inc, has a popular podcast called Quick and Dirty Tips, when it comes to anything to do with business he’s your guy…actually it’s more than business it’s life business…I’m only reviewing two chapters so I’m sure there is more…

His truth?
Helping people reach their dreams and be happy doing it…

Does he live it?
Yeah he sure does…his passion centers around helping younger and emerging business leaders by mentoring high school students through junior achievement, serving as a career coach and business plan judge at Harvard Business School…

All work and no play?
No not at all this dude does comedy improv, swing dancing, NLP, he sings, he hypnotizes and he even strategizes his way through board games…

What’s the book saying?
You’ll do so much more, and you’ll work so much less, that your boss will promote you; your loved ones will beam proudly; and your kids will gasp in awe and blame you for everything just a little bit less than they currently do.

Who will it speak to?
I’d say anyone involved in a committed career that often says ‘I wish I had more time’…anyone whose wife says ‘I wish you had more time for the family’ definitely should read this book!

Is that all?
No – parts of the book definitely spoke to me and resulted in me reminding myself to trust my trip. If any of these words grab ya – then it’s for you:

Living on purpose, no more procrastinating, conquering technology, beating distractions, staying organized, stop wasting time, optimizing, building stronger relationships and leverage…

When did he get my attention?
During the introduction the author says that through applying the steps your ‘Shoulders feel lighter, your body will vibrate with energy as you wander through fields of Lillies’…

These are physical experiences often reported back to me after a healing with a person so they are words that definitely resonate with me then I read on and learned that as a child he lived in a new age commune and loved putting on magic shows...After 18 years of living the wrong life it was after he set up his podcast (just past it's 7 millionth download!) that he began to reawaken his passion for media and performing...

What surprised me?
I really loved his presentation of goals and goal setting. I’m more of an ‘intentioner’ these days but really found the information useful.
The author speaks of goals “travelling in packs and at the bottom of the really big goals like ‘be successful’ are made up of sub-goals”. At the very bottom of all of these goals are concrete actions one must take in order to achieve the larger goals you have set for yourself.

What you will feel?
I’ll go out on a limb and really feel that people will see not only the presentation of great material but will see how the tools have been applied through the use of personal stories and the general flow of the topics. There is a focus on bringing people in and sharing – not isolating oneself in order to achieve. Throw in an encouragement to bring out the child within and you’ll be won over very early.
He’s lived it, shared it with thousands of people over the past ten years and now he is sharing it with you…

So what now?
Anyone with the true desire to reach people isn’t just about selling books so I’m sure Stever would be honoured for you to visit his website:


It is packed full of all forms of media and tips to get you started...

What about the Live Your Truth Guy?
Well, I’m going to write a book this week…

A book…in a week…Is this guy mad?
Well it’s just words put together on a page…I’m not thinking of an outcome just trusting my intuition and thought of Stever’s chapter on procrastination. 
Some of you are aware I am writing a book about my life but this week I realised that a book can be about a very specific thing…so I thought hey…why not write a small book…

Thanks Stever…you reached me…

Live your truth...

1 comment: