Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's been a while...

I now find myself back in Vancouver in readiness for the Olympics...I am thinking of starting up another blog for my Olympic experience...

After the Olympics I am looking forward to renting a room somewhere and the possibility to live in an urban monastery has come up. Definitely worth a few months living with both monks and lay people...I am heading back on Friday for a lunchtime meditation and will find out more...

In any event after the Games I intend to spend three months in the one place. I am looking forward to linking in with some healing centre's in both Vancouver and the Victoria areas and even finish my book...the first draft anyway.

I have just finished reading a wonderful little book by Hugh Prather - 'Notes to Myself - my struggle to become a person' In 1968 he asked his wife if she was comfortable if he left work to focus on becoming a writer and she agreed. Two years later nothing he had written had gotten published and he decided to put together content for a book composed entirely of excerpts from his personal diary....this little book was the result. Amazing stuff and is worth checking out.

Live your truth...

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to read your book mate. please post when the first draft is complete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate - will do...My Preloved tour is still running. Perhaps we need to touch base on this in the next month...

    ReplyDelete