Monday, January 11, 2010

When the passion goes...

I got to speaking to an older couple who own a used book shop in Liverpool a few days ago. They were actually closed but they opened the doors and let me in. I browsed for a while and has this wonderful feeling that during their day off they still let me in.

After 20 minutes or so I made my selection and spoke to the couple for a while about their love of sailing and adventure. I thanked them for being so passionate about books and for letting me in. The man responded that after 20 years of carrying books up and down the stairs that the passion has waned...

I must admit - it shocked me.

It made me think about how many of us are actually doing what we really want to do?

So I am sending my thoughts out to you - someone holding themselves back from what they know is right for them. It could be a new career, relationship, hobby...

We all know what we want - do what you feel is right for you...

So I send you:

Courage...Courage to trust in yourself and your decisions...

Belief...That the time is now...

Action...Take that first step...it is often the hardest but once you do you will not look back...

No comments:

Post a Comment